Deblockle is an immensely engrossing puzzle duel for two players. This game of abstract strategy is beautiful and elegant enough to keep on your coffee table.
Deblockle is a strategy game of tips and turns for two players. Take turns flipping your blocks into adjacent squares and then moving them across the board. Be the first player to successfully remove all of your blocks by maneuvering them onto the final square on the board, and you win!
How to win: Be the first player to remove all four of your blocks from the board. The only way to remove a block is when it is rolled star side up onto the star space at the opposite side of the board.
On each turn, a player will move in 2 steps: To begin your turn, tip one of your blocks into any open adjacent space. You may not roll diagonally, and you may not roll into the star space. After tipping, you must hop that same block according to the symbol that lands face-up after the roll. You may only hop onto open spaces.
Each block has six different symbols on each side which signify different movements.
- The Star: the Star symbol may NOT be rolled face-up anywhere on the board except onto the star space at the opposite side of the board.
- The Stop: If the stop sign is rolled face-up, the turn is over and the block does not hop to any other spaces. The Cross: when the Cross is rolled face-up, the block hops one space in any vertical or horizontal direction.
- The X: When the X is rolled face-up, the block hops one space in any diagonal direction.
- The Slider: When the Slider is rolled face-up, it must slide in any vertical or horizontal direction until it is stopped by another block or the edge of the board.
- The Hoops: When the Hoops are rolled face-up, the block may hop in any combination of 3 horizontal or vertical steps. The block may even hop back to a space it has previously occupied.
Age Recommendation: 8 - 99 years old